jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Scheduling More Tests for Autologous Bone Marrow (Stem Cell) Transplant June 17 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, June 17, 2011

Scheduling More Tests for Autologous Bone Marrow (Stem Cell) Transplant June 17 2011

My oncologist, Dr. Moore's office called and is attempting to help me schedule a few more tests that I will need to have the pre-authorization from my insurance company for the autologous stem cell transplant at the University of Colorado Anschutz Cancer Center. I need pulmonary function tests, echocardiogram, and a psychological evaluation to complete the battery of pre-tests (I think).

Dr. Moore is very cooperative in all scheduling and is right on top of everything for me, but they do not have written requests for these additional tests.

I tried to email Dr. Han Myint, the Director of the Bone Marrow (stem cell) Transplant Team without success - wrong email on the business card he gave me and it bounced back. So, I emailed one of the Clinical Nurse Coordinator's, Dana Godec, RN to get clarification on the needed the tests. She was out of the office today, but at least her email did not bounce back.

I also sent Dr. Han Myint copies of my previous Brain MRI's, Sinus CT, and Surgery via Dana Godec.

I want to get the tests over and done with this coming week, so I can leave for Mackay, Idaho after my last doses of chemotherapy in Cycle 1 on Thursday, June 23rd. After 2 weeks of chemotherapy, I get 1 week off from medication. Jani and I would actually leave on Friday, June 24 and then I'd get to be home in Mackay, Idaho until July 3rd when we would return to Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment