jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Started 81 mg of enteric coated aspirin tonight June 16 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, June 16, 2011

Started 81 mg of enteric coated aspirin tonight June 16 2011

The Revlimid chemotherapy that I will start in July may cause deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung) as a side effect.  To help prevent that from occurring, I'll take a blood thinner like aspirin. I have NOT taken aspirin since I was 28 years old and had a bleeding peptic ulcer, so it is scary to even think about putting it in my system. However, I had the EGD (swallow the camera test) and my GI tract looked normal - so, I'm going to give the aspirin a try. If I cannot tolerate aspirin, then I'll have to do heparin injections or coumadin pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment