jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Visitors! June 18 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Saturday, June 18, 2011

Visitors! June 18 2011

The HARDEST thing about this RECENT multiple myeloma diagnosis has been wrapping my head around the idea that I'm NOW LIVING in Colorado and NOT IDAHO where my home and 90-year old father are!

However, on the flip side, it is wonderful to be with my sister, Jani and Robbyn here in Greeley, Colorado where I taught at the University of Northern Colorado from 1975 to 2004. Being back in Greeley puts me close to my many friends in the area who have been very supportive.

My cousin, Laura Dynia Penney, visited today from Fort Colllins, Colorado today. She is my father's youngest sister's daughter and she always makes me laugh - was wonderful to see her.
Laura Dynia Penney and jm June 18 2011

Later, two of my friends that I used to teach with came by - Ann Henderson and Alison Merrill. A few weeks back, Alison went to Peru and did a trans-Andean lodge-to-lodge trek to Machu Picchu. She and Rod Holland trekked through nine different biozones, changing altitude (highest over 15,000 feet) and saw the exquisite beauty of Salkantay Peak, Salkantay Glacier and Humantay Glacier Lake before decending in to Machu Picchu. Alison gave us an iPad Tour. I loved it, felt like I was right along on the trip and I didn't even have to hike the trails like she and Rod did.
Ann Henderson, jm, Alison Merrill June 18 2011
Alison Merrill, jm, Ann Henderson June 18 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment