jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 3 of DVT-PACE - Nausea August 25 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 3 of DVT-PACE - Nausea August 25 2011

When the day shift arrived for my 3rd day at the University of Colorado for the DVT-PACE regimen, I got IV Zofran for my nausea. I took another dose of Milk of Magnesia and then things really got going south - too much, but so much better than being bloated and uncomfortable.

Dr. Daniel Pollyea and Nurse Practitioner Karley  came in to see me and discovered a slight heart murmur which they felt was due to all the fluid I was retaining. They ordered a low dose of Lasix IV and it worked well. My little eyes were slits and then I could open them up better. I didn't seem to have any swelling in my feet or ankles, just my face and gut~

I didn't feel like eating all day, but managed to eat some oatmeal for a late breakfast, alittle macaroni and cheese for lunch, and a some chicken noodle (they forgot the noodles, but there was plenty of chicken) soup and a cheese quesadilla for dinner). My guts finally slow down and stopped going south.

I had an EKG and it was normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment