jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 12 - Morning Update - Baby Stem Cells Producing Slowly September 25 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 12 - Morning Update - Baby Stem Cells Producing Slowly September 25 2011

My new baby stem cells are up to 0.5 this morning at 4 AM September 25 2011. I had a good night and slept with the aid of Ativan and Percocet. My platelets are low at 46, but not low enough for a platelet transfusion (they transfuse for anything below 20), and my hemoglobin is low at 9.8, but not low enough for a blood transfusion (they transfuse for anything below 8).

So, it looks like Jani won the baby stem cell pool with her guess of 0.5 on September 25 2011. My white blood cell count at 0.5 is still too low to calculate an absolute neutrophil count on which is the gold standard value for being discharged from the hospital after a stem cell transplant. My absolute neutrophil count (ANC) will have to be 0.5 for 3 consecutive days before I can be discharged to the Timbers Hotel near the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment