jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 17 - So How Do I Feel? September 30 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 17 - So How Do I Feel? September 30 2011

It is Day 17 for my new immune system. So, how do I feel?

I continue to have nausea, but it does not prevent me from eating small frequent meals every 2-3 hours. I take a small dose of Ativan (0.5) if the nausea is really bad. I'm also taking Prilosec and Zantac as needed for my stomach upset. I have been taking Zofran 8 mg every 12 hours for nausea, but have discovered that it gave me a headache - so, I'm weaning off Zofran.

I'm tired and not sleeping well - but, since I can take a nap almost any time - this is not a problem. I have enough energy to shower and go for at least one outside walk per day. Yesterday, I spent 2 1/2 hours at the University of Colorado Outpatient Cancer Clinic in the morning and another 2 1/2 hours at my Dr. Myint appointment - so, it was an exhausting day.

My mood is good and I don't seem to be down at all. I attribute this to being surrounded by positive, caring people - we laugh a lot!!!
jm with new adventure shorts September 28 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment