jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 3 - September 16 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 3 - September 16 2011

Thought we finally had the nausea under better control with a more frequent Zofran and Ativan schedule.

Then, at 4 AM this morning, I woke with SHARP chest pains unlike anything I've ever had before along with diaphoresis (sweating). The pain was along a band just below both breasts and radiated up to my right jaw line. Pain like a knife was being pushed in me. If I sat up, it was some better, but not really. I was dizzy and felt like I might faint.

The nurse gave me a Percocet and some Zofran, but the pain persisted. So they called the night doctor, Dr. Peterson, who came right in to evaluate me. He did my blood pressure in both arms, listened to my lungs and heart. They drew blood and had an EKG done here in the room. All the tests were normal to my knowledge.

They will repeat the Troponin I in 6 hours, but no one really thinks it was a cardiac event now. After about an hour, I felt better. I'm now wearing a portable cardiac monitor called ApexPro FH so they can monitor my heart at the nurses station.


No comments:

Post a Comment