jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 6 Morning Update September 19 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 6 Morning Update September 19 2011

I had a pretty good night September 18 in to September 19 2011. I continue to be nauseated and nothing seems to help, but with Ativan and Percocet, I am able to sleep through it. I'm also getting used to the hospital routines every 4 hours, and although I cannot sleep through vital signs, blood draws, medication administration, and twice daily weights, I am able to go right back to sleep afterwards.

They started me on another 24-hour urine collection this morning. My 4 AM blood values are on the way up some from the neupogen shot I received yesterday.

I had a nice email from my Fort Collins oncologist, Dr. James Moore, wishing me well with my stem cell transplant. He is such a nice doctor.

Jani texted me a picture of her walk with the dogs this morning - boy, do I miss that!
Kemmer, Kady, Jani, Zoe September 19 2011

Dr. Han Myint and his following (about 8 other people) all dressed in yellow isolation gowns did "rounds" on me this morning in my room. Dr. Myint asked me if I could do a second tandem stem cell transplant based on how I felt now on Day 6 of my first stem cell transplant. I told them that I could if he thought it would add years to my life. He said he had NOT yet decided if I would need a second tandem stem cell transplant. It was so confusing with all the people in the room, I forgot to ask him WHEN and HOW he will make the determination for the tandem transplant.

Later, the Physical Therapist came in and collected my paperwork on how much I have exercised. He also showed me how to do all of the elastic (non-latex) band exercises and I practiced a few of those. They count all of the things I do for myself like showering and brushing my teeth as exercise too. He left and brought me a 2nd band to use and a new weekly form.

JayJay (sp), the dietitian aka the "Food Police" came to visit with me for a long time too.  She had me show her all of the snacks that I have in the room - some I had to explain were Jani's (like the chocolate candy - since I don't do chocolate at all). She thought it was fine that I was using the frozen Lean Cuisines. She actually thought I was eating less than I am - so, she left feeling okay. They will continue to run my IV fluids at 125 cc/hr until my nausea lets up some more.




No comments:

Post a Comment