jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 7 Evening Update September 20 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 7 Evening Update September 20 2011

Blood Counts  4 PM September 20 2011 continue to drop. White blood cells at 0.1, platelets at 46 and hemoglobin at 8.5. They will give me platelets if mine drop below 20 and a blood transfusion if my Hemoglobin falls below 8.

The Infectious Disease doctor came to see me again today. She said we can increase the acyclovir dose for the shingles from 10 mg to 15 mg, but she wants to talk to Dr. Myint first. It is amazing to me how such non-descript lesions can cause so much PAIN.


Faye Hummel came at 3 PM and spent all afternoon and most of the evening with me. We didn't talk about much, but it as nice to have her here with me. She brought me an organically grown banana that the nurses let her wash and peel for me - I was not allowed to touch the peeling. It tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment