jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: My new kindred spirit - Shawn visits September 17 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Sunday, September 18, 2011

My new kindred spirit - Shawn visits September 17 2011

Through my blog, a 52 year old woman by the name of Shawn contacted me. She also has been recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma. She is about 1 month behind me in treatment and will be admitted to have her stem cell transplant on October 11th. Shawn came by this evening to visit with Jani and me. We discovered we have the same birthday, DECEMBER 8th which surely makes us kindred spirits. She just lost her hair last week too.
Shawn is headed to Italy for a short vacation before her stem cell transplant. Sure enjoyed her visit.
Now, that I have shingles that are not crusted over, I've been placed in contact isolation. I cannot leave the room and everyone coming in has to wear a yellow gown (note, Shawn is wearing hers as a cape just for the photo) and blue gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment