jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 20 - Walk and HOPE - October 3 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 20 - Walk and HOPE - October 3 2011

I have been pretty nauseated and a little dizzy since I started the antibiotic, Augmentin, for my sinus infection which I have to take every 12 hours. Jani has helped me out a lot by making a meal each time I have to take the pill and it seems to help some - along with Ativan 0.5 mg.

I decided that I didn't want to walk outside today and we walked inside The Timbers empty hallways instead. We also did 2 sets of stairs which are pretty difficult for me - my old strong Mine Hill legs have left me. We only lasted 0.31 of a mile.


The Timbers is located right next to I70 which has a lot of fast traffic on it, so walking in The Timbers parking lot is possible, but I question the air quality there despite wearing a mask. We have driven all around within miles of The Timbers and it hard to find a place to walk outside that looks clean and has no standing water (mold) in catch-all areas. Certainly, if I cannot have potted plants at home, I shouldn't be walking by standing - muddy water areas which seem to be everywhere in Aurora.

Now to the HOPE - I have requested via my Transplant Nurse Coordinator, Dana Godec, RN that I be allowed to move out of The Timbers and move back to Greeley, Colorado with Jani. My platelets are good and my white blood cell count is on the rise - Plus, the air in Jani and Robbyn's neighborhood is so much cleaner than it is here. Dana is going to plead my case at their weekly patient care conference tomorrow (Tuesday) and let me know the answer. Jani and I are keeping our fingers crossed. Jani wants to start packing up our stuff, but I told her that might be the kiss of death to idea - so, here we wait at The Timbers.
jm at The Timbers via Jani's iphone feature, October 3 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment