jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 37 - First Day of Driving and First Trip to Store October 20 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 37 - First Day of Driving and First Trip to Store October 20 2011

My car needed to be serviced, so I drove it to the Honda place this morning - a trip of only 3 miles, but I drove for the first time since my stem cell transplant on September 13 2011. Jani followed in her truck and picked me up.
Then, we decided to go to the grocery store since we figured no one would be shopping that early in the morning. This was my first trip to a store since the transplant too. I have no idea what my white count is right now, but it was 2.6 eight days ago, so I wore my mask.  A little unnerving to realize that I now have no immunity to any childhood diseases like measles, mumps, diptheria, polio, etc. At some point, I will have to be re-immunized against these diseases.
 At the grocery store decorated for Halloween, October 20 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment