jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 55 - MRI of the Heart Results - November 7 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 55 - MRI of the Heart Results - November 7 2011

UCH Clinical Nurse Coordinator, Christine Frodella, RN called me this evening to let me know that my MRI of the Heart done on November 3 2011 confirmed that I have a "small clot" in my heart. In reality,it was a large clot nearly filling my right atrium in my heart. She said the Fragmin injections that I am taking should prevent any further clot formation.

I will have to have my blood checked for clotting on Wednesday when I go to my appointment with Dr. Myint. I have one unexplained bruise near my Bard Power Port site in on my right chest wall. My Bard Power Port was placed on June 13 2011, so it is almost 5 months old.


Christine thought it would fine if I walked a mile each day. I'm going to ask for printed copies of my MRI of my Heart, PET Scan, Bone Marrow Biopsy,a nd Echocardiogram results on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment