jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 57 - The NEWS - November 9 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 57 - The NEWS - November 9 2011

Jani took me to the University of Colorado Hospital today for my blood draw and appointment with transplant doctor, Han Myint, MD. We were both anxious as we waited in the exam room for my appointment. I wore my lucky Mackay t-shirt today~

 Reading over the list of questions that I have for Dr. Myint.

Then, Dr. Myint came in and I received my bone marrow biopsy of 11/2 results.

I am in Stringent Complete Remission!!!!!!!  No cytogenetics (abnormal DNA) and less than 0.01 plasma cells (anything less than 0.05 plasma cells is considered remission) done with the CD138 stain for myeloma cells.

If I didn't have the blood clot in my heart, Dr. Myint would have started me on maintenance chemotherapy of Velcade (IV) and Revlimid (pills by mouth). AND, if I didn't have a blood clot in my heart, I could have headed home to Mackay, Idaho tomorrow with return visits to UCH every 3 months.
Click on images below to enlarge:



1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! I like to think that my intending helped to bring this results along with everyone else praying and wishing you well!!!

    ReplyDelete