jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 71 - Worry - November 23 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 71 - Worry - November 23 2011

I'm worried about the status of the blood clots in my heart. The removal of the Trifusion Hickman Catheter went well without any imaging - so, we do not know the status of the blood clots in my heart that were detected via echocardiogram on November 2 2011 and MRI November 3 2011. I've been taking Fragmin (blood thinning) injections daily since November 2nd.

I emailed my transplant nurse coordinator about my apprehension. As a result, they have ordered a repeat echocardiogram. I have to wait for the echo lab to call and schedule the actual appointment.

I really want to travel home to Mackay, Idaho after my December 1 2011 appointment with my transplant doctor, Dr. Myint. However, if I have potentially dangerous blood clots, it probably would not be a good idea to be home in Mackay where I'd be a 100 mile drive from the doctor in Idaho Falls. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the clots are resolving and this will all be a non-issue by then end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment