jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 83 - Maintenance Chemotherapy Begins Month 1 Week 1 - December 5 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 83 - Maintenance Chemotherapy Begins Month 1 Week 1 - December 5 2011

In 10 degree temperatures with clear skies, Jani drove me to the University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) and I had my blood drawn via my Bard Power Port (I always put Emla Cream over the site on my right chest wall 1 hour before each access) prior to the maintenance chemotherapy administration. My hemoglobin remains normal at 12.8 (norms 12.1-16.3), my platelets remain normal at 206 (norms 150-400), and my white blood cell count went down from 12/1/2011from 5.1 to 3.9, which is only slightly abnormally low (norms 4-11.1)


My Lactate Dehydrogenase Blood Test continues normal at 145 (norms 98-192)

 My liver enzyme tests, Alanine Aminotransferase and Aspartate Aminotranserase which had been high when I first started the Fragmin (blood thinner) injections have decreased to 43 for Alanine (norms 0-47) and 28 for Aspartate (norms 0-47).

 My blood phospherous level has been increased since 11/9/2011 and was down from 5.7 on 12/1/2011 to 4.6 today, 12/5/2011 (norms 2.7 - 4.5). I'm not sure what this means.
 In addition to these blood tests, they draw and report the total CBC with Differential, Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, Magnesium, and Uric Acid. All of those values were normal today.

After the blood draw, my baby sister, Jani, and I sat in a waiting room for the infusion center for more than an hour. They need more comfortable chairs.

2 comments:

  1. Intending more comfortable chairs are ordered and that your numbers continue to improve and you are feeling better and better each day...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete