jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 90 - Maintenance Chemotherapy Administration Month 1 Week 2 - December 12 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 90 - Maintenance Chemotherapy Administration Month 1 Week 2 - December 12 2011

Jani took me to UCH for my second week of Month 1 Maintenance Chemotherapy of intravenous Velcade (1.7 mg) and intravenous Dex (20 mg). In the hour prior to the administration, I took 40 mg of Prilosec and 150 mg of Zantac by mouth in an attempt to reduce the ACID esophagus and stomach I had following last week's dose.
The headphones for the television on their smallest setting are still way too large for my tiny head with a skiff of new hair. Now, about this mask....either I'm the only patient in this huge infusion center that has had a stem cell transplant, or I'm the only patient who is following the MASK ALWAYS ON when visiting UCH for ANY REASON rule! I never see anyone else with a mask on anywhere in the whole hospital!
My blood values were all good. I'm not anemic with hemoglobin at 12.9 (norm 12.1 to 16.3);  platelets (clotting) normal at 159 (norm 150-400) although it did drop from 203 last week; and white blood cells at 5.0 (norm 4-11.1)


My liver enzymes are almost normal. The Fragmin injections I take daily interfere with these values.

My Lactate Dehydrogenase (inflammation) continues normal at 165 (norms 98-192). It  was as high as 540 after the Mephalan chemo for my stem cell transplant and was 201 three weeks after my diagnosis.



Still no word on the scheduling of my Bard Power Port removal by Interventional Radiology...maybe tomorrow, they will call????


Jani spent almost the entire time in the pharmacy getting refills for my Famciclovir 250 mg tablets (shingle prevention) and Bactrim  800-160 tablets (lung infection prevention)...oh, my happy caregiver???


When I got home, I took 3 Senna-S and 1 Milk of Magnesia in an attempt to prevent constipation caused by Velcade/Dex. I normally take 1 Senna-S at night and no Milk of Magnesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment