jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 94 - 1st Day Post Bard Power Port Removal - December 16 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 94 - 1st Day Post Bard Power Port Removal - December 16 2011

I just couldn't take the itching beneath the dressing over the site of the Bard Power Port today. I was instructed to leave the dressing on for 48 hours, but I had to to remove it. As you can see, after I lifted up the edges of the Tegaderm dressing, you can see that my skin was reacting.

The original dressing did not have a spot of blood it - so, I don't think it mattered that I took it off. My chest is not as bruised as I thought it would be. The horizontal incision is closed with dissoluble sutures and glue.I have quite a bit of pain in my chest wall and I'm taking 1/2 Percocet every 6 hours. They called from UCH Interventional Radiology today to see how I was doing. They said to call them back if the pain persisted beyond 1 week.
 My chest wall after the removal of the Bard Power Port on my R (left side of photo) and Trifusion Hickman Catheter on my L (right side of photo).
 I also think I'm having the beginning of a shingle outbreak on the back of my right thigh - feels inflamed and itchy at this point. Very hard to photograph. I took an extra Famciclovir 250 mg and I think that helped. I'm on Day 11 of 14 with my Revlimid 10 mg maintenance chemotherapy and just 2 weekly cycles of Velcade/Dex out of 4  - so, maybe that has lowered my resistance to shingles (varicella or chickenpox virus).
Back of right thigh

My January 2012 supply of Revlimid arrived via UPS this afternoon. I spent a lot of time on the phone yesterday making the arrangements with the pharmacy - this is going to be a monthly CHORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment