jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Neuropathy - January 7 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Saturday, January 7, 2012

Neuropathy - January 7 2012

The neuropathy in my fingers seems to be getting worse or I'm just noticing it more here in the cold weather of Idaho. My fingers hurt when they get cold. I have stopped taking L-Glutamine as it may support myeloma tumor growth (see http://multiplemyelomablog.com/2012/01/another-supplement-to-avoid-especially-before-during-and-immediately-after-a-transplant-l-glutamine.html) - Thanks Danny Parker.

I decided to make and keep a rating scale for the neuropathy (numbness and tingling) that I'm experiencing in my fingers and left great toe (I don't seem to have any in my other toes). I made the scale up myself - 0 to 5. 0 = no neuropathy and 5 is TERRIBLE BAD. I don't know if I'm going to have to reduce my Velcade dosage (1.7 mg) or not. I had my last dose of intravenous Velcade on December 26 2012 (1st Cycle Velcade Mainenance). I'm on Day 5 of 14 of my Revlimid 10 mg (2nd Maintenance Cycle). I am especially aware of the neuropathy when I type on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment