jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Walked Only 0.6 Miles - January 10 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Walked Only 0.6 Miles - January 10 2012

I'm weary today and if I didn't have Kemmer, I would not have walked at all today. I managed to do 0.6 miles on the Mine Hill. You can see from the map below how close the Mine Hill is to my house in Mackay, Idaho. My house is at an elevation of 5,903 feet and the Cattle Guard on the Mine Hill where I park to begin my walk is at an elevation of 6,233 feet. Before I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, I walked from my house up the Mine Hill to the Cattle Guard and beyond EVERY DAY - I was a HAPPY walking machine! Even the week of my diagnosis in May 2012 with my hemoglobin just 10.6 (I didn't know I was anemic at the time), I hiked up the MIne Hill. I ached all over - especially across my back at my scapula, but I had turned 60 years old and I thought you just ached when you got older ---- little did I know I had multiple myeloma!
I finally got my January 5 2012 Echocardiogram Results today over the phone. There has been no change in the size of the blood clot in the right atrium of my heart. I asked that Dr. Shull's office send me the report and they said they would. However, the persistence of the the blood clot is a real bummer for me - I so want to be ACTIVE again, but fear the clot breaking away in my heart and going to my lungs or brain!

A good friend sent me the following this morning which made me giggle out loud!
Can Cold Water Clean Dishes? This is for all the germ conscious  folks  that worry about using cold water to  clean.
 

 
John went to  visit his 90 year old grandfather in a very secluded, rural area of Saskatchewan .
 

 
After spending a great evening  chatting the night away, the next morning J
ohn's grandfather  prepared breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.  



 
However, John noticed a film like  substance on his plate, and questioned his grandfather  asking,
 

 
'Are these plates  clean?'
 

 
His grandfather  replied,
 

 
'They're as clean as cold water can  get em.
 
Just you go ahead and finish your  meal, Sonny!'
 


 
For  lunch the old man made hamburgers.
 

 
Again, John was concerned about the plates, as his appeared to have tiny specks  around the edge that looked like dried egg  and asked,
 

 
'Are you sure these plates are  clean?'
 

 
Without looking up the old man  said,
 

 
'I told you before, Sonny, those  dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don't you fret, I don't want to hear another  word about it!'
 

 
Later that afternoon, John was on  his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather's dog started to growl, and wouldn't let  him pass.
 
     
 
John yelled and said, 'Grandfather,  your dog won't let me get to my car'. Without diverting his attention from  the football game he was watching on TV, the old man  shouted!
 

 
'Coldwater, go lay down now, yah  hear me!'
 



 
Meet Coldwater !
 
 
PS. I don't let Kemmer lick my plates at all --- poor abused dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment