jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Another Day At Black Rock and Discharge From Inpatient UCH - March 20 2012 at 11:50 PM

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Another Day At Black Rock and Discharge From Inpatient UCH - March 20 2012 at 11:50 PM

My mind is totally clouded from Thalidomide. I can't think at all and I am miserable. I took 200  mg of Thalidomide again today - but, if I feel like this tomorrow, I'm not going to take it. I cannot live like this.
I ate an apple to counter the effects of the chemo - even though I cannot taste anything.
We had to get PICC Line home care teaching. Because of the placement in my left upper arm, I only have one hand to work with - so, Jani is going to go my heparin 10 USP flushes daily at home.
These are Jani's hands doing the flush for the first time - she was an awesome learner and did really well with RN Angela's assistance.
I have to take a lot of medications many times a day - I can actually get this whole cup of meds down all at once...at diagnosis, I was often unable to even swallow my daily calcium pill...
Jani packed up my things and took them out to Bart (2006 Honda Pilot) for our trip home once I'm discharged tonight. All that chemo on the IV poles has to run in before we can leave. That will be 96 hours of continuous VDT-PACE chemotherapy.
Finally, all the chemo ran in and RN Angela came to detach me from the IV pumps and pole. Hurrah.
We were discharged at 11:50 PM on March 20 2012. Drove home to Greeley, Colorado arriving home after 1 AM March 21 2012. My mind is mush and my guts raw, but at least, I'm going home. I've gained 11 (eleven) pounds since admission despite 2 days of Lasix, but they assure me that I will eliminate the extra volume.
We have to return to UCH on March 22 2012 for labs.

1 comment: