jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Bone Marrow Biopsy # 5 - WARNING NEEDLE PHOBIAS - GRAPHIC PHOTOS - March 9 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, March 9, 2012

Bone Marrow Biopsy # 5 - WARNING NEEDLE PHOBIAS - GRAPHIC PHOTOS - March 9 2012

Bone Marrow Biopsy March 9 2012 performed by Karley, NP and Hank, Medical Assistant at UCH on Judy Malkiewicz. Others watching included a student nurse, a student NP, a product representative for the bone marrow driver, and my sister, Jani. I was pre-medicated with oral morphine and oral ativan.









 This is the battery OnControl operated driver taken before procedure and sterile draping.









My sister, Jani, supports me through the procedure.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I have anesthesia for all bone marrow biopsies at M.D. Anderson -am out for a few minutes and then on my way. I am so very, very grateful for it. God bless Propafol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UCH doesn't use anesthesia for anyone - which is sad and stressful for me. jm

    ReplyDelete