jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: M-Spike on the Rise - Day 167 Post 1st ASCT - Results from February 27 2012 SPEP

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Tuesday, March 6, 2012

M-Spike on the Rise - Day 167 Post 1st ASCT - Results from February 27 2012 SPEP

My m-spike value has increased to 0.59 on 27 Feb 2012 from 0.15 on 15 Jan 2012.  I was 5/12 months post stem cell transplant (Day 167 Post 1st ASCT) at the end of February 2012 (autologous stem cell transplant on 13 Sept 2011). This value most likely represents RELAPSE. 
I called my transplant nurse coordinator at UCH, Lindsey McMenimen. Lindsey will share the results with Dr. Myint and the bone marrow team on 6 March 2012 at their weekly patient update meeting and call me later with their plan. I am not happy about the increase, but plan to adjust one day at a time - multiple myeloma is a tough cancer to have. I continue to feel pretty well with the exception of some mild back pain and shingles pain. I'm on Day 8 of 14 of Revlimid 10 mg and I had Velcade subcutaneously yesterday along with 20 Dex intravenously.





No comments:

Post a Comment