jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT Day 2 - 4 AM Lab Results May 20 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Sunday, May 20, 2012

2nd ASCT Day 2 - 4 AM Lab Results May 20 2012

Today is my 10th day for this hospitalization, but only my Day 2 after stem cell transplant. I can expect approximately 2 more weeks of hospitalization.  I have a sore throat below where you can see with a flashlight and my ear euchacian tubes are raw and irritated - bothering me when I swallow. I have a similar irritation/pain in the middle of gut and along my esophagus. 


My blood values are dropping as expected this morning at 4 AM, May 20 2012. My white blood cell count is 1.3 (norms 4-11.1); hemoglobin 9.9 (norms 12.1-16.3); and platelets 44 (norms 150-400). I will not need a platelet transfusion until my platelets have drop below 30.



My Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) is falling too at 1.3 (norms 1.8-6.6), so I wear a mask whenever I walk in the short hallway outside my 1126 Room. People can visit if they are not sick and do good handwashing.
Twice daily, they check my serum magnesium, serum phosphorous, serum potassium, serum uric acid, and LDH levels. Then, depending on the values, they give me little intravenous packets of whatever I need.

RN Laura and me.



No comments:

Post a Comment