jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT Day +3 - May 21 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, May 21, 2012

2nd ASCT Day +3 - May 21 2012

Woke this morning with a sore throat that extends down my throat where you cannot see it with a flashlight. It really hurts below this point the most. Very uncomfortable and makes even swallowing water difficult.


This is the best photo I could take this morning May 21 2012.



By 4 PM, the redness in my throat has increased and it is more and more painful to swallow.




They are giving me a pain pill before I eat and that helps with the swallowing. I have almost not been nauseated at all since I'm receiving intravenous Kytril twice a day a 9 AM and 9 PM with intravenous Nexum and Ativan by mouth when needed. I feel like I have the same kind of sores in my stomach that I see in my throat. They are running maintenance intravenous fluids  on me continually which is helping to keep my throat a tad moist and less painful. I've been able to eat a couple of soft sandwiches on soft white bread today.





I'm having issues with things going south FREQUENTLY and they now have an order to give me Imodium to slow things down. Boy, this is a fun process~


No comments:

Post a Comment