jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT Day Minus 1 - 4 PM Lab Results May 17 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, May 17, 2012

2nd ASCT Day Minus 1 - 4 PM Lab Results May 17 2012

My lab values maintained well today after my two units of blood last night. My white blood cell count is 4.1 (norms 4-11.1); platelets 108 (norms 150-400); and my hemoglobin 10.5 (norms 12.1-16.3).

I showered and it felt so good because I was not tethered to the IV pole during the shower.


I walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes (0.53 miles) this morning and I walked 15.30 minutes in the hallway here on the bone marrow unit this afternoon.


After my walk, I had an INTENSE pain around my chest like a barrel stave was cutting me in half. RN Chelsey, Jani, and I decided we would try some lactulose and when that didn't help RN Chelsey thought it best to give me IV Kytril and that helped A LOT! I don't feel like eating tonight, so I ordered some cold cereal that I can eat later if I feel like it.


I  am scheduled to get my 2nd ASCT (autologous stem cell transplant) tomorrow morning at 10 AM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment