jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 2nd ASCT Day 14 Jun 1 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, June 1, 2012

2nd ASCT Day 14 Jun 1 2012

Jani took me to the new BIC at UCH. It has 10 individual stations, all with windows and TV's and is quite nice and a big improvement for nurses and patients. My blood pressure was low with a systolic of less than 90 so I was rather weak.  That arm over the recliner is holding the new television sets.

My lab values are good and I am ENGRAFTING WELL. My white blood cells are 3.7 (norms 4-11.1); Hemoglobin 11.9 (norms 12.1-16.3) AND Platelets 138 (norms 150-400) - so I am on a daily high dose Fragmin 15000 again.



I needed 40 mEq of potassium (which they told me to take with food).

I spent the majority of the BIC Visit in the bathroom with things going south. I will need to take a specimen in on Monday. Then I took 2 mg of Imodium that RN Kristin gave me. I missed my BIC nurses!.


Faye Hummel stopped by and we walked outside 15:36 minutes. Very hard on me - my pulse racing at 125 beats per minute and as you can see from the map I was listing a bit!!!!





My blood pressure and pulse after my walk with Faye Hummel: My pulse was 123 and my blood pressure a tad low at 103/79.

I continue with a headache that I wish would go to outer space or someplace FURTHER. My guts are off and on BAD. Jani keeps track of the number of bottles of water  I drink with each cap. Each bottle contains 500 cc.



No comments:

Post a Comment