jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: I Was Retired and Now I'm Just Tired - November 12 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, November 12, 2012

I Was Retired and Now I'm Just Tired - November 12 2012

I retired in 2004 after 29 years at the same job. I loved my job, but retirement is NOT overrated! Then, on 24 May 2011, I was diagnosed with high risk (4:14, 1q21) multiple myeloma which has turned in to a full-time job! I don't think a single week has gone by in the last 18 months that I haven't had a blood draw or chemo or both.

I'm always jealous of other multiple myeloma patients who say in their blogs, "don't have to get another check for 3 months!" And on the other hand, many are probably jealous that I'm retired!

So far, I've survived two autologous stem cell transplants, tons of chemo, and driven a gazillion miles. Right now, in my second relapse with 60 % plasma cells back in my bone marrow, I devote two days a week to chemo with 270 miles of driving, a motel stay and another morning to a blood draw with 60 miles of driving...which makes me just plain TIRED!
My Revlimid 10 mg for Cycle 2 arrived today FedEx, November 12 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will have a chance to get some rest before you leave for Scottsdale and that this will be a very positive and productive trip for you.

    ReplyDelete