jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Lab Values from 2nd Opinion Mayo Clinic Scottsdale - November 20 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, November 23, 2012

Lab Values from 2nd Opinion Mayo Clinic Scottsdale - November 20 2012


My lab values from my 2nd Opinion at the Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona on 20 Nov 2012. All of their norms are slightly different than at the University of Colorado Hospital and St. Luke’s Hospital, Twin Falls, Idaho.

My wbc (white blood count) was slightly low at 3 (norms 3.4-10.6); my hemoglobin was low at 10.5 (norms 12-15.5); and platelets were low, but up to 81 (norms 149-375). Will increase my Fragmin back to 15,000 units daily injection.

My LDH was high at 235 (norms 122-222). However, Dr. Foncesa told me that the LD values were “too broad” to make conclusions from.

My creatinine was high at 1.3 (norms 0.6-1.1). My BUN (blood urea nitrogen) was normal at 18.8 (norms 6-21). My GFR was abnormal at 41.6. But, Dr. Foncesa told me not to worry about these kidney function values.

Now the not so great news.
My M-Spike is 0.5 on 20 Nov 2012 at Mayo Clinic Scottsdale. It had been 0.3 on 17 Oct 2012 at UCH. Normal is ZERO.
My immunoglobulins are still non-existent - I think, this is to be expected after 2 autologous stem cell transplants (ASCT) - I'm Day 186 since the 2nd ASCT. This means I have no immunity to invaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment