jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Root Canal Checkup - November 26 2012

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, November 26, 2012

Root Canal Checkup - November 26 2012

I was able to get a 10 AM appointment in Idaho Falls (100 miles each way) with Bart Morrison DDS, Endodonist this morning. My bottom back tooth has been bothering me ever since I had a root canal on it 29 Aug 2012 EXCEPT for days that I take dex and then it doesn't bother me AT ALL.  Since I take dex twice a week, I have more days without tooth pain than with!
I had 2 x-rays and there is no evidence of infection beneath the tooth.
Bart Morrison, DDS could find nothing wrong with my tooth (#18 for those who count teeth). He thought maybe the tooth was too tall and hitting my top teeth when I chew. He used the drill and removed the areas that were touching with chewing. I had absolutely no pain to the drill - so, the tooth must be dead with the existing root canal. I had taken antibiotics before the appointment and Dr. Morrison wants me to continue taking them for 10 days. Dr. Morrison     said it may take a full 6 months for the tooth to settle down. So, I guess I can continue with my intravenous Aredia now.
I went on to Walmart to pick up my antibiotic prescription and headed home to Mackay, Idaho.

I felt a lot better today - my mind was clearer and I had adequate energy for the whole day. I leave early tomorrow to St. Luke's Hospital MSTI in Twin Falls for my 2 days of carfilzomib.

Kemmer stayed with Ron and smells of SKUNK again - oh joy~

No comments:

Post a Comment