jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Cycle 4 Week 3 Day 1 Carfilzomib/Dex and Day 15/21 Revlimid 10 mg - February 13 2013

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cycle 4 Week 3 Day 1 Carfilzomib/Dex and Day 15/21 Revlimid 10 mg - February 13 2013

Had to leave in the dark this morning from Mackay to get to my St. Luke's Hospital Infusion appointment by 9:20 AM. Just outside Arco on Highway 93 South, a herd of elk (20 or more) had just crossed from north to south. Unfortunately, one female must have have been hit and was unable to get up on the north side of the highway. She was alive and holding her head up - so, sad. I pulled over to call Butte County 911 to let them know she needed to be attended to. They had already received another call on her and were sending the Butte County Deputy Sheriff. I worried about her as I drove on to Twin Falls.
As I drove through the Craters of the Moon National Park and on to Carey, Idaho, I encountered thick fog again. But, it cleared up at Carey (1/2 way to Twin Falls).
Was held up a few minutes in Shoshone, Idaho for the train going through town.
Arrived just in time for my appointment in the Infusion Center. RN Melisa had no trouble accessing my bruised Bard Power Port and drew my lab values. I put EMLA Creme on at home, so it had been on for 2 1/2 hours.

My white blood cell count is up from last week to 2.4 (norms 4.5-11); hemoglobin remained the same as last week at 9.7, but still too low (norms 12-16); platelets okay, but low at 93 (norms 140-440) and my Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) is up, but low at 1.52 (norm 1.9-8.8). My LDH was about the same as last week at 460  (norms 313-618).

 
My Chem Panel shows normal kidney function. My one liver enzyme, ALT was up to 56 (norms 9-52), which I attribute to taking plain Tylenol every 6 hours for the pains in my left hip, across my back at my scapulae, and creepy legs at night.


I received my carfilzomib (27 metered square dose), dex 20 mg, and some Aloxi. The Aloxi was to see if it would help my gastritis, but Pharmacist Debbie didn't think it would. I was in and out by noon today. Went shopping at the Twin Falls Mall and checked in to the motel at 1:30 PM for a nadir before going later to Taco Bell for dinner. Just as Pharmacist Debbie predicted, the Aloxi did little for my gastritis.

My hair today, 13 Feb 2013...I think those are real bangs now. I was completely bald around 6 March 2012, and this is all the hair growth that I have had since that time.


No comments:

Post a Comment