jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Pomalidomide (Pomalyst) Update For Relapse - After 2 Doses - March 7 2013

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pomalidomide (Pomalyst) Update For Relapse - After 2 Doses - March 7 2013

Day 1, 5 Mar 2013 I started on 4 mg of pomalidomide (Pomalyst) the evening of 5 Mar 2013. Just like Revlimid, I thought it best of take in the evening since Revlimid made me tired and pomalidomide is in the same family with Revlimid. 

I also took 40 mg of oral Dex (each tablet is 4 mg, so I have to take 10 for 40 mg). The oral Dex almost instantly cured my creepy leg syndrome, but it wasn't long before I had good case of gastritis going AGAIN. I took Carafate Suspension and that helped some, but the best cure for my gastritis is a slice of lightly toasted bread. I attribute the gastritis to the dex and not the pomalidomide. 
So far, I think the only side effect that I've had after one capsule of pomalidomide is being tired almost immediately after taking it. I slept well from 7 PM until 11 PM. After that I didn't sleep too well, but I stayed in bed and only watched television for about 2 hours around 1 AM.

Day 2, 6 Mar 2013 I had continued gastritis. Around 4 PM, my creepy legs returned with a vengeance which I'm pretty sure is from the pomalidomide and I had a frontal headache which I thought might be from our cloudy, off-and-on snowing weather today. I ate dinner early and the headache disappeared. Had another poor night of off and on sleep. I finally took 1/4 tab of oxy (a little medicine goes a long way with me) around 2 AM for my creepy legs and slept until 6:45 AM - this is good.

Day 3, 7 Mar 2013, gastritis. Up this morning, clear of thinking and don't feel hung-over from the 1/4 tab of oxy last night. Mild gastritis. No creepy legs this morning. I do have a burning sensation over the crown of my head, but it does not itch. I had a similar, but WORSE burning and itching when I started Revlimid, but it dissipated after about a week and never returned.

Summary of "maybe" Pomalidomide Side Effects:

  • tired after taking
  • very creepy legs
  • burning scalp sensation

No comments:

Post a Comment