jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Relapsed High-Risk Myeloma - Lab Draw - May 16 2013

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, May 16, 2013

Relapsed High-Risk Myeloma - Lab Draw - May 16 2013

Faye drove me to Lost Rivers Medical Center Laboratory in Arco, Idaho. Technician Susan drew my CBC (complete blood count) and almost instantly gave me the results. My white blood cell count is low, but okay at 3.6 (norms 4.5-11); ANC is low, but okay at 1.89 (norms 1.9-8.8); hemoglobin low, but great for me at 10.1 (norms 12-16); and platelets NOT so good at 18 (norms 140-440).

I contacted St. Luke's Hospital, Twin Falls triage RN Sandy this morning to check on my appointment there tomorrow 17 May 2013. Hold the ASA (aspirin) 81 mg.

Yippee, I won't have to go to Twin Falls tomorrow unless I have bleeding that I cannot stop! My next appointment at Twin Falls is 21 May 2013.

5 comments:

  1. hi JM what are the most important blood test name and numbers.Hope you are feeling good JOE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe, we are watching my platelets most importantly right now - platelets help your blood clot.
    As far at the multiple myeloma blood tests, we watch the M-Spike for me (see Labels at right to find M Spike) and most people look at Free Lights, but my myeloma does not show up in the Free Lights, so I have a bone marrow biopsy every 2 month. jm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog for awhile. I have found out that I am related thru your mother and grandmother. My mother was a Jensen. You have been talking to my sister, Lynda. I only hope for you the very best. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. jm, Thanks for the update. You know we've got your back in Charlotte! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol - thanks for the update. Your sister sent me a photo of you in Sweden when you found Per Jonsson's grave shaped like a tree trunk. jm

    ReplyDelete