jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Relapsed High-Risk Myeloma - Lab Results - May 21 2013

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Relapsed High-Risk Myeloma - Lab Results - May 21 2013

My white blood cell count was 3.7 low, but very good for me (norms 4.5-11); ANC (absolute neutrophil count) 2.71 excellent (norms 1.9-8.8) so no mask needed; hemoglobin 10.9 low, but holding on after 2 units of packed red blood cell transfusions on 14 May 2013 (norms 12-16); and platelets still miserably low at 35 (norms 140-440), however my own bone marrow made 17 platelets!! WhooHOO.

My LDH continues to drop from a high of 1,516 on 23 April 2013 and 855 on 14 May 2013 to 735 today on 21 May 2013. Again, the LDH is a "generalized test of inflammation and perhaps cell growth" and should only be taken with a grain of salt - BUT, I'M TAKING IT! Perhaps, the bendamustine is working some for me!



My Chem Panel was essentially normal with a slightly high BUN at 19 (norms 7-17). So, I don't have to worry about kidney failure for the time being.



I still feel tired, especially in the afternoons. My mornings are good and I get a lot done both physically and mentally each morning. However, I have been getting up too early between 5 and 5:30 AM.

I'm on Day 2 of the second Z-Pack antibiotic for my sinus infection. That could be contributing to my tiredness. 

I'm eating red licorice...I told Jani not to take this photo because my myeloma friend, Danny Parker, would see it...and he's for limiting sweets when you have myeloma....But, Danny, I love licorice!


My dear next door neighbor from Colorado, Mary McPhee, passed away yesterday 21 May 2013. She was such a wonderful friend and will be greatly missed.!
Mary P. McPheeNov. 13, 1933-May 20, 2013, Age: 79
Mary P. McPhee, 79, of Greeley, passed away at Hospice of Northern Colorado. She was born Nov. 13, 1933, to Louis and Rosa Kousoulos in Cody, Wyo. Mary married Richard McPhee on Jan. 9, 1954, and they later divorced, but remained very close friends.
Mary graduated high school in Cody, Wyo. She moved to Greeley in 1972. She obtained her real estate license in 1975, and worked for Moore Realty, Sears Real Estate, New Horizons and back at Sears, before retiring in October 2011. She loved attending her grandchildren’s sporting events and activities.
Mary is survived by her sons, Mark (Cindy) McPhee, Greeley, Mike (Mary) McPhee, Glenwood Springs, Colo., and Matt (Debbie) McPhee, Greeley; her brother, Louis Kousoulos Jr., Cody, Wyo.; grandchildren, Brooke (Casey) Speck, Travis McPhee (Danyell Stratford), Kelli (Ryan) Nugent, Sarah Pachl, Amy (Richard) Smith, Kacee Pachl, Tanner McPhee, Zach McPhee, Seth McPhee, and Delaynie McPhee; and a great-granddaughter, Amelia Nugent. She was preceded in death by her parents; grandson, Garrett McPhee; sister-in-law, Diane Kousoulos; and by Richard “Dick” McPhee.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday, May 28, 2013, at the Allnutt Macy Chapel, with inurnrnent at Sunset Memorial Gardens. Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Northern Colorado, in care of Allnutt Funeral Service, 702 13th St., Greeley, CO 80631. Friends may view the online obituary and send condolences at www.allnutt.com.


4 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your good friend,I started my pomalidomide with 40 mg Dex on March 25 2013.Iam amazed at how much you know about myloma.I hope each day you get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. May she rest in peace.
    Congrats on the good numbers and may they continue.
    Regards
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for the condolences Sharyn. jm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous who started pomalidomide and 40 mg of Dex on 26 March 2013. I wish I could have done better on pomalidomide, but my platelets just CRASHED, making it impossible to take. I was just so tired on the 40 mg Dex days that extended 3-4 days I couldn't take it like that ... now taking 10 mg every other day and doing fine. I have a bit of a leg up on most myeloma patients because I'm a nurse with a BSN, MSN, and PhD in nursing. jm

    ReplyDelete