jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Relapsed High-Risk Myeloma - Update - May 28 2013

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Relapsed High-Risk Myeloma - Update - May 28 2013

Woke to new snow on Mt. McCaleb above Mackay, Idaho this morning and 36 degrees. Poor lilacs just began to bloom 2 days ago.
Jani and I drove to Lost Rivers Medical Center and I had my CBC (complete blood count) done. I was hoping for higher values because I feel pretty well.



My white blood cell count is 3.4 which is low for me, but good at the same time (norms 4-11.2); ANC (Absolute Neutrophil Count) 2.00 which is normal and no mask necessary this week (norms 2-8); hemoglobin low at  9.5, but my blood transfusion threshold is 9.0, so won't need that today (norms 12-16); and platelets STILL MISERABLY LOW at 31 YET HOLDING, so more sofa time for me now to prevent bleeding (norms 140-440).

So, we didn't have to travel on to St. Luke's Hospital in Twin Falls today.

1 comment: