jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Relapsed High Risk Myeloma - Update June 10 2013

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, June 10, 2013

Relapsed High Risk Myeloma - Update June 10 2013

Our friends from Colorado, Ali and Patti, packed up and departed Mackay mid-morning. 


I was going to go get the mail for Paco, but I was tired and Jani went for me.

Spent all day one-with-the-sofa, so I'm pretty sure my hemoglobin (oxygen-carrying cells) is dropping from the Cycle 2, Day 1 and 2 bendamustine (this is Day 7 since I received it).

St. Luke's Hospital Scheduling called and made my appointment for my next conscious sedation bone marrow biopsy (my 12th in 25 months) for Wed, 26 Jun 2013 with Dr. Peterson.  I'm taking it as a good sign that they even want to know how my bone marrow is doing on bendamustine.

Bone Marrow Biopsy History:
  1. 24 May 2011 (Diagnosis, Dr. Moore in Ft. Collins, Colorado; traditional trocar)
  2. 20 Aug 2011 (1st at UCH with Glen, NP; traditional trocar)
  3. 1 Sept 2011 (Karley, NP, UCH, traditional trocar)
  4. 2 Nov 2011  (Karley, NP, UCH, tradition trocar)
  5. 9 Mar 2012  (Karley, NP and 1st with OnControl Driver, UCH)
  6. 3 May 2012 (Shannon, NP with OnControl Driver, UCH)
  7. 12 July 2012 (Trish, NP with OnControl Driver UCH)
  8. 17 Oct 2012 (Angela, NP with OnControl Driver UCH)
  9. 20 Dec 2012 (Kirk Peterson, MD, St. Luke's Hospital, Twin Falls, Idaho) Conscious Sedation; traditional trocar
  10. 20 Feb 2013 (Kirk Peterson, MD, St. Luke's Hospital, Twin Falls, Idaho) Conscious Sedation; traditional trocar
  11. 26 Apr 2013 (John Gray, MD, St. Luke's Hospital, Twin Falls, Idaho) Conscious Sedation; traditional trocar
  12. 26 Jun 2013 (Kirk Peterson, MD. St. Luke's Hospital, Twin Falls, Idaho) Conscious Sedation; traditional trocar

I continue to feel well in the early morning and then EXHAUSTED after lunch. Bilateral hip pain and continued, diverse gut aches. And in fairness, I think I have more than a "touch of chemobrain" of late. I've been trying to help Jani finish up the Mt. McCaleb Cemetery veteran's by rows list and without Jani - it would be a MESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment