jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Relapsed High Risk Myeloma - Update June 15 2013

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Saturday, June 15, 2013

Relapsed High Risk Myeloma - Update June 15 2013

Despite a platelet count of just 28 (norms 140-440), I decided I could ride JackRed2 (my 2012 Honda Rancher 4-wheeler with power steering and independent rear suspension) carefully around town with Jani (who rides a 2004 Yamaha Bruin 4-wheeler). We both have deluxe padded racks on the back so we can take the dogs with us. Both Kemmer and Zoe LOVE riding along on the 4-wheelers!
My photo op position taking pictures of Jani and Zoe. Jani had to help me get up because my thigh muscles are so weak.
Kemmer and I with Mt. McCaleb (11,427 feet) in the background. Many people climb Mt. McCaleb yearly, but I have never attempted it.
Afterwards, we stopped across Main Street from Ivies (grocery) in front of the former dental office in the shade. I ran in to Ivies for canned beets and an onion for our dinner. 
Kemmer on JackRed2 with Zoe resting on the sidewalk.

Came home and had a two hour nap while Jani watched golf on television. In fact, I had a series of naps all afternoon and went to bed at 7 PM - guess, I'm TIRED. Jani walked the dogs around the block.

My left frontal sinus is still somewhat of a bother - but, I  have not had a headache pain in the area today. My guts don't seem to be working of late...but, I'm not as distended as I have been in the past.

1 comment:

  1. jm,
    I'm glad you enjoyed riding JackRed2. Thanks for the update. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete