jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Relapsed High Risk Myeloma - Update July 18 2013

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Relapsed High Risk Myeloma - Update July 18 2013

Just at morning twilight, I saw Maynard's cow and 2 calves chasing a female moose from the middle of their field behind me toward the river willows. They were really going FAST!

Andrea Marinac is watching our pups with her little Koko. Here she is with Zoe.
Jani drove me to Twin Falls, St. Luke's Hospital MSTI this morning. I slept most of the way in the back of Bart. I had awakened with a headache and a left sinus pressure and drainage. I took my 10 mg of Dex orally before I left home.
RN Leita drew my labs out of my Bard Power Port. Then, we waited in the examination room for our appointment with Dr. Pandavanja. My lab values have improved slightly! My wbc are 3.8 (norms 4.5-11); ANC 2.29 (norms 1.9-8.8); hemoglobin 11.2 (norms 12-1); platelets 17 (norms 140-440). So, an increase of 5 platelets is very good news for me!
My kidney function tests are a tad off with creatinine at 1.07 (norms 0.52-1.04); high BUN at 26 (norms 7-18) and GFR only 55. So, I have some type of kidney failure.

I received my intravenous dose of carfilzomib with a pre-treatment of Kytril with pre and post fluids. I spoke with Pharmacist Dave about the Kytril and he thought it best I get some.
We discussed with Dr. Padavanija not to increase the carfilzomib dosage from the original metered square dosage and I was in a agreement. Dr. Padavanija ordered a Z-Pack antibiotic for my sinuses and we will pick those up at the pharmacy on the way to check in to the motel later this afternoon.

The intravenous Kytril (anti-nausea) push medication made me very tired. I knew it would! I react to almost all medications. We went to Walmart and wandered around...I was fine if I held on to the cart handle. Jani had a list and we FOLLOWED IT!

Checked in to the motel where the air-conditioning was comfortable since it was nearly100 degrees outside in Twin Falls. We both had nadirs and went to Taco Bell drive-through for dinner.

Jani sat in the motel hot tub and then went to McDonald's for some soft-serve ice cream for us. I took my Zantac and Prilosec and was off to bed. My guts are burning some, but not that badly.

1 comment:

  1. hope you feel better,have you ever thought of maybe having a phone consultation with DR Durie from california he is head of the international myeloma foundation and created the durie staging system he can review all your medical and give you his opion on your treatment it may be worth while to try if you like i can get you his phone number. Joe