jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Relapsed High Risk Myeloma - Update July 5 2013

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, July 5, 2013

Relapsed High Risk Myeloma - Update July 5 2013

St. Luke's Hospital MSTI, Dr. Padavanija's, RN Kenadi called me today and told me that both of new myeloma chemotherapy medications that I will be given in tandem have been approved by my medical insurance.

Carfilzomid (Kyprolis) - given intravenously two days in a row EACH Week for 3 times in a Cycle

and

Pomalidomide (Pomalyst) given orally for 21 days out of 28 days each Cycle.

I will begin the tandem carfilzomid (Kyprolis) and oral pomalidomide (Pomalyst) Thursday, 11 July 2013, stay the night in a motel in Twin Falls, Idaho that night and get the second tandem dose on the morning of Friday 12 July 2013. I will continue on 40 mg of Dex per week, but take only 10 mg orally every other day.

This dosing will involve a Twin Falls motel stay EVERY week for 3 weeks out of every month. Fortunately, the motel has a contract with St. Luke's Hospital MSTI and the fee is only 1/2 price per night.

They cannot schedule me any sooner as all of their infusion chairs are spoken for until then. However, I am hoping that I can be moved up to earlier  in the week in the future. I can only hope my miserably LOW PLATELETS can handle this tandem chemotherapy dosing.

Arrival of more of "my people" from Greeley, Colorado (680 miles) early 5 July 2013. L to R: Jan Martin, Judy Malkiewicz, Walk Richter, Nancy White, Judy Richter.
L to R: Jan Martin Phd, Judy Malkiewicz, PhD, Walt Richter, Phd , Nancy White PhD, Judy Richter, Phd - a whole lot of education sitting on my front porch this morning, 5 July 2013.

 We all went to lunch at the Mackay Senior Citizen's Center with my father. 5 Jul 2013.
 On our way home after the Senior Citizens Dinner at noon, 5 Jul 2013.

My neighbor's have babies now and they are fun to watch. Filly is named Blaster and the mare is named Rocket.






No comments:

Post a Comment