jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: 1st Appointment with Hematologist/Oncologist May 18 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Wednesday, May 18, 2011

1st Appointment with Hematologist/Oncologist May 18 2011

I went to my 1st appointment with the Hematologist/Oncologist, Dr. James Moore, at the Front Range Cancer Center, Harmony Center, Ft. Collins, Colorado.


James Moore, MD
Dr. Moore completed his medical school training, internal medicine residency, and hematology/oncology fellowship at the University of California-Irvine Medical Center.  He is a board certified diplomat in Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, and Hematology.  Dr. Moore has done a wide variety of cancer research at UCLA, UC Irvine, and the internationally renowned City of Hope Medical Center in California.  He has multiple publications and abstracts to his name, most recently based on chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML).  His professional interests include the hematologic malignancies (lymphoma, myeloma, and leukemia), lung cancer, and genitourinary malignancies (prostate cancer, kidney cancer, and bladder cancer).  He currently is the chair of the Poudre Valley Hospital Institutional Review Board (IRB) and encourages participation in clinical trials.  In his spare time, Dr. Moore enjoys hiking, backpacking, camping, winter sports, and landscape photography. From http://www.frontrangecancer.com/bio_jm.php

Dr. Moore took a history and examined me for enlarged lymph nodes, spleen, and liver - I had none.
Dr. Moore offers something called "See My Chart" online and I signed up for that which will allow me to watch my lab tests as they come back with results.
Dr. Moore wanted more blood to be analyzed and sent me to the laboratory next to his office in the Redstone Building where they drew 11 vials blood. If I wasn't anemic when I went in - I sure was after I left~ Here are the tests ordered on May 18 2011.
I left Dr. Moore's office thinking nothing was really wrong with me and one of the blood tests would reveal my less than varied diet which I could work on to improve my anemia.

No comments:

Post a Comment