jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Blood Test Results from May 18 2011 - Consist with Multiple Myeloma

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, May 20, 2011

Blood Test Results from May 18 2011 - Consist with Multiple Myeloma

Because I had signed up for the "See My Chart" program, I was able to see my blood test results as they came back on my computer. I was surprised to see that they had been sent to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.

My WBC (white blood cell count) was low at 3.6 (norms 4-10); hemoglobin 11.3 (norms 12-16); platelets normal at 194 (norms 150-440);

Still anemic, but some better on May 18 2011

No evidence of iron deficiency anemia.


Immunoglobulin Light Chains were all abnormal. IG Kappa Free Light Chain high at  2.07 (norms 0.33-1.94); IG Lambda Free Light Chain low at 0.0296 (norms 0.57-2.63); and Kappa/Lambda Free Light Chain Ratio high at 69.9 (norms 0.26-1.65). Not sure what this means at this time.
My first indication that my blood work was consisted with multiple myeloma. M Spike high at 3.0 (norm 0).

Stool test for blood over 3 days: NEGATIVE

I was glad I had time to think about and digest the blood test results before I talked to Dr. Moore. On Sunday evening, I was SURPRISED to find Dr. Moore's email address on his web page for the Front Range Cancer Center. I sent him an email that I would like for him to call me to discuss the blood results - not fully believing he would EVER see the email.

No comments:

Post a Comment