jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Neupogen Begins August 12 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Saturday, August 13, 2011

Neupogen Begins August 12 2011

Jani wheeled me down to the University of Colorado Hospital BIC Center where we waited a few minutes for my Nurse Transplant Coordinator, Dana Godec, RN.
 Jani sat in an extra wheelchair while we waited.
Dana Godec, RN gave me my first 2 Neuopogen shots subcutaneously (one in my arm and one in my abdomen) for a total of 780 mg. The Neuopogen stimulates my bone marrow to send my stem cells to my blood stream for the stem cell harvest to begin, Tuesday, August 16 2011.

I think I was expecting more pain - but, afterall, I did have conscious sedation meds still on board from the Trifusion Catheter placement. I'll be giving my own Neuopogen shots at home August 13-15 2011.
Per usual, Dana Godec, RN is wonderful and sure makes navigation through the system at UCH easier for us. I'm always impressed with her knowledge base.

No comments:

Post a Comment