jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 10 - Morning Update September 23 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 10 - Morning Update September 23 2011

Well, I still have NO IMMUNE SYSTEM according to my 4 AM blood values. My white blood cell count is still less than 0.1, hemoglobin 10.4, and platelets at 37.  Just have to wait for all of those new baby stem cells to furnish the bone marrow space first. I am feeling some better - a little less nauseated and I'm actually sipping on some coffee for the first time in many days.

My nausea is improved (not gone) and I felt like eating breakfast this morning (scrambled egg and hot cream of wheat cereal).

Judy Richter and Jan Martin arrived to visit me all decked out in their yellow isolation gowns, blue gloves and yellow masks. Judy brought delicious oatmeal scotchie cookies - quite gourmet for around here. We had a good visit and they were able to meet my Transplant Coordinator, Dana Godec, RN. Jan and Dana had lively discussion about the need for and lack of a Hope House on the University of Colorado Hospital grounds. I don't think Dana realized that she was talking to a "fund raising gal" at first. Missed getting a picture of Jan and Judy, but I can tell you that they were lovely for the CU School of Nursing Alumni Luncheon this afternoon where Dr. Phyllis Drennan will honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment