jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 11 - Platelet Transfusion September 24 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 11 - Platelet Transfusion September 24 2011

I did need a platelet transfusion this morning for my platelet count of 20. Unfortunately for ME, all transfusions require benadryl and tylenol pre-treatment to prevent a reaction to the blood products. So, I'm sitting here in a benadryl drugged haze AGAIN that also includes a very dry mouth - oops, I'm whining~~~~
After the platelet transfusion, they drew my blood again and my platelets have gone up to 66.

No comments:

Post a Comment