jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Good News - Harvested Stem Cells are Cancer Free - September 8 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, September 8, 2011

Good News - Harvested Stem Cells are Cancer Free - September 8 2011

As you can see, my initial stem cell harvest  August 16, 17, 18, 2011 yielded stem cells that were contaminated with between 0.7 and 1.2 percent plasma (cancer) cells. After that I decided to do the four day VDT-PACE intravenous therapy (6 different chemotherapy agents plus steroids) and attempt re-harvest of my stem cells.
My stem cell harvest of September 6 and 7, 2011 has yielded stem cells that are plasma (cancer) cell FREE. These are the stem cells that will be used in my September 13 2011 stem cell transplant.

This is somewhat misleading since I still have some plasma cells (cancer) in my last bone marrow biopsy - the cancer cells just didn't make it in to my harvested stem cells.

5 comments:

  1. That is Fantastic!!!!! CHEERS..and I love the hats. Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your AWESOME!! Wishing you the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for thinking of me Janice. I'm getting my new stem cells today in a stem cell transplant. They have physical therapy walking me around the halls everyday - good to stay active. Hope your classes are going well. When you do move to live with your sis? jm
    My email is rudi48@atcnet.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shawn, thinking of you too. I, also, do now know how to post comments to my own blog - and have to sign Anonymous...makes me crazy. You can always email me at rudi48@atcnet.net

    ReplyDelete