jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 20 - Morning Update - October 3 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 20 - Morning Update - October 3 2011

Jani took me for my blood draw appointment at 8:15 AM. Since I have sinus drainage, the nurse also did a nasal washing for organism identification. It was not as bad as I thought it would be  - she used a syringe of normal saline and squirted it in my left nostril and then suctioned back to gather the sample. The result may take a few days.

My white blood cell count is 2.3 which I think is terrific. Remember, the 4.1 on October 1st was neupogen induced, so the 2.3 is more reflective of my real bone marrow function. My platelets are awesome at 87 and my hemoglobin is just about the same at 10.7.
My Absolute Neutrophil Count is 1.4 which is also good in my book. 

My protein (6.2) and albumin (3.7) levels are excellent and reflective that I have been eating adequate amounts of protein.
My weight in the BIC Center at UCH was 147 this morning with clothes on. My blood pressure was low with a systolic below 100, so they advised me to drink more fluids. I assured them I would, but getting up early enough to eat breakfast, get ready and be at the hosptial by 8 AM is hard to throw fluids in the plan too.



2 comments:

  1. Looking good! What about having your caregiver whip up a protein shake with bananas and orange (or other juice) so you can have fluids and fruit before going to the hospital? Just an idea....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have a blender here, but it is an idea for the future - today, hopefully - that we'll come home to Greeley. jm

    ReplyDelete