jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 87 - A couple of FIRSTS - December 9 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 87 - A couple of FIRSTS - December 9 2011

I went out to lunch in a restaurant today for the first time since my stem cell transplant and I didn't wear a mask for the first time while I was there. We went early before the restaurant got crowded and sat in a back corner so people wouldn't be constantly walking by us. I forgot to bring bottled water with me and I was reluctant to drink the restaurant water since I've only had bottle water since the transplant - so, I had a diet soda (probably not good for me either). It is scary not to be taking all the precautions when in public, but I managed okay today.


I'm on Day 4 of 14 with my Revlimid 10 mg capsules. Tonight, my abdomen is itching a tad, but I don't see any hives as of yet. I'm trying hard not to itch! I might try taking the antihistamine, Claritin, tomorrow if the itch continues.  I continue my daily Fragmin (blood thinner) injections in my abdomen and I have many little bruises to show for it.


Still no word on when they will schedule my Bard Power Port removal. They called again today and when they found out that I had a blood clot in my heart, they said they'd have to call me back - which they DID NOT.


Last Monday when I received my intravenous Velcade 1.7mg/Dex 20 mg, I opted for no anti-emetic (anti-nausea) medication in conjunction with the chemotherapy. By the time I got home to Greeley in the late evening, I had SEVERE acid burning in my esophagus and stomach, but no nausea and no vomiting. I managed to get the burning sensation in my gut under control with Prilosec 40 mg and Zantac 150 mg and Tums.

No comments:

Post a Comment