jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Day 98 - Neuropathy - December 20 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 98 - Neuropathy - December 20 2011

Well, I've started to get a bit of neuropathy on the fingertips of my left hand that I experience as numbness and some tingling. I've had 3 weeks of intravenous Velcade 1.7 mg/Dex 20 mg with one more week to go (December 26th) and I finished 14 days of oral Revlimid 10 mg yesterday.

I've started back on the L-Glutamine protein powder which might help. My Fort Collins, Colorado oncologist, Dr. James Moore suggested I take L-Glutamine Powder 10 g dose 3 times a day when I was getting my induction chemotherarpy before my stem cell transplant. I did not experience any neuropathy in my fingers at that time. I mix the powder in a bit of grape juice and it is easy to get down.


I'm also more constipated this round than before. I've taken 4 Senna S and 2 Magnesium 500 tablets each night and have had very little results. Tomorrow, I might have to drink the Miralax Papaya Banana Apple Protein Shake that Danny Parker gave me the recipe for. For me, constipation is the worst side effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment