jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Heading HOME to Mackay, Idaho December 27 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Heading HOME to Mackay, Idaho December 27 2011

Jani, Robbyn, and I got up at o'dark thirty and finished packing the last couple of things in my car and Jani's truck. Jani's truck was stuffed and I had plenty of room in the back of my car for Zoe and Kemmer.

We departed Greeley, Colorado at 6:20 AM. Robbyn stayed behind in Greeley with Kady-the-perfect - but, aged golden retriever and her sister's dog, Harley. I'll miss you Rob!

I led the way and Jani followed in her truck. We didn't encounter any wet or frozen weather the entire 680 miles. However, between Laramie and Rawlins, Wyoming there were 40-50 mile an hour wind gusts that kept BOTH HANDS on the steering wheel. Thankfully, that's was only about 100 miles. 

That's Kemmer and Zoe in the back with me and Jani's truck headlights following us. Yes, I am driving and taking photos at the same time - TALENT!
Very little traffic today across I80 east to west - probably due to the high wind warnings! Once we turned north on US 30 toward Idaho, we were almost the only vehicles on the road.
The only real snow we saw (all old) was in Bear Lake County Idaho near Soda Springs, Idaho. Can't believe how dry it is this year.
After we turned off I15 at Blackfoot, Idaho on to US 26, we got the first glimpse of my home in the Lost River Range way off in the distance.
Getting closer.... on Highway 20.
 Finally Mt. McCaleb (peak on the left below) from Highway 93.
Mine Hill from Highway 93 right outside Mackay, Idaho. Still can't believe we don't have any snow!
Mt. McCaleb right above Mackay, Idaho. Don't these photos beat IV pokes and bone marrow biopsy photos????
Dad was waiting for us in his doorway when we arrived just before 5 PM. Doesn't he look wonderful for almost 91 years old???
 Had a quick greeting and photo session before we headed to my house 4 blocks away!
 Jani, Frank, and Judy Malkiewicz, Mackay, Idaho December 27 2011
Paco, as I call my Dad, was just as as HAPPY to see us as we were to see him!!!! 
Someone had a "WELCOME HOME" sign up at my house as we drove up. I'll have to do a little detective work to locate my thoughtful friend or friends!!!  I am SO GLAD TO BE HOME after 7 months of full-time multiple myeloma in Colorado!!!!

My wonderful neighbor, Pam Lords came over and helped Jani unload the truck and the car. Truth be told - I was exhausted after driving all that and I'm not supposed to lift anything because of the blood clot in my heart --- which is hopefully RESOLVING as I type!

Ron and his dog, Iris, came by too to say hi - it is WONDERFUL TO BE HOME!






No comments:

Post a Comment