jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: No Place Like Home - December 28 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Thursday, December 29, 2011

No Place Like Home - December 28 2011

I slept like a rock last night from 7 PM to 4:30 AM. My chest wall is SORE to the touch - I guess driving all day yesterday was a workout for very unused muscles. I still have a bit of neuropathy in fingertips, especially on my left hand. I've continued to take my L-Glutamine protein powder 3 times a day and I think that is helping. My tongue and taster are off --- but, no matter, there is NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

Happily, the internet and television were restarted this morning. Technology is hard to be without in this day and age.
Jani and I took Zoe and Kemmer up the Mine Hill in Jonah (1999 Honda Passport) and parked. We walked along the BLM Road toward the Mackay Dam. Since I still have a blood clot in my heart, we just strolled along the mostly flat road at an elevation of 6,230 feet. I took my finger heart rate/puls ox monitor and my pulse never exceeded 90. I don't see the doctor until January 4 2012. Don't know who was happier - me or the dogs running free!
It was spitting snow and a huge cloud bank covered Mt. McCaleb (behind Jani below). No wind and it was not cold.
Our walk route maps. I only walked 0.25 miles and then back to Jonah for a total of 0.5 miles. Jani and the dogs walked on without me and then I drove in Jonah to pick them up. So, Jani's total distance was 1 mile. Wonderful to be OUT in the Big Lost River Valley - Making a bee line for the Mine Hill was a the top of my list. 
When we got home, I found a live lady bug in the living room - I'm taking that as good omen. Don't know how it has survived??

No comments:

Post a Comment